Monday, June 15, 2015

It's been a long time since the last update.  I've been working out of town four days a week so my build time is very limited.  At one point I put the boat up for sale but then decided that I needed to keep it even if it takes two more years to finish it.
I've been working on small parts and little tasks when I can.  This past weekend was significant because I was able to hang the amas on the cross arms. I was very glad to see that all the parts worked out and all matched up and the amas actually swing in nicely.  Now that I know they all fit and all the holes are drilled in the right spots I can start putting the main hull together.




3 comments:

  1. Please finish it! Did you do the 90 degree bends in the aka-ama connections or purchase? Interested because I am doing a folding aka design too. How will they stay connected? Some kind of tie-down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wade, I will finish it, just going to take longer than I planned. I purchased the 90 degree elbows and they actually slide into the cross arms and fiberglass tubes in the amas. I built up fiberglass sleeves on the elbows for a snug fit. I'll take a close up photo for you. I have two ideas for securing them. I need to think thru both of them and make a decision.

    ReplyDelete